Thursday, March 12, 2009

A Good Start

So, as most of my family knows, for many years, when I did eat breakfast it consisted of some variation of this:


I have heard all the aphorisms:

"Breakfast is the most important meal of the day."

"Your first meal should get you off to the right start."

"Breakfast sets the tone for the rest of the day."

I have heard all these things, but still, I couldn't help setting the tone of my day with loads of sugar, and, before Noelle was born, caffeine.

There was one time when I ate leisurely, hearty breakfasts over tea: in Ireland. And I had vowed that I was always going to start my day that way when I returned home.

But, alas, it didn't happen.

Until now.

Here are what my breafasts have been like for the past couple weeks:

Now the mornings are a swirl of flour, milk, eggs, and the song of morning chatter as we all await the mound of blueberry goodness piling up.

Now that's the way to start the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment