Friday, July 2, 2010

Alpine Wanderings

 IMG_5428

This is the view from our balcony.  It looks over the village of Angel Fire.

We have been up here at 8300 feet 3 days now.  Words can’t describe what it feels like to be in the presence of so much beauty.

But I will try. 

IMG_5461

Everything feels fresh and clear.  My mind finds clarity here.

Even the most mundane things, like going to a playground, are filled with breathtaking landscapes.

IMG_5468

I feel like I can’t see enough, can’t breathe enough, can’t hear enough to take in all that surrounds me.

I told Stephen,

“I was starving for this.”

IMG_5473

Aspens shimmer and whisper as I pass by, breezes carry Christmas on them with the aroma of Evergreen, wildflower filled alpine meadows beckon us to spread our arms and fly,

IMG_5472

and vistas that come suddenly into view constantly remind me to take a moment to allow the moment to overtake me, and remember how truly full of wonders this wonderful world is.

No comments:

Post a Comment