Saturday, January 31, 2009

First Steps


Well, Noelle stepped her first steps today! Real ones, this time. Apparently, her mental steps preceded her physical ones.


I can't tell you how excited we are. I wrote on the last post how proud I was. That is a drop in an ocean to what I am feeling now. I can only describe it as the feeling when a long stretch of storms finally breaks and the sun shines to show all the new greeness pushing through. Noelle has had so much frustration over anything to do with walking. And of course, I feel what Noelle feels. And so I can only imagine that this is what she is feeling too -- elation, relief, wonder, and good old fashioned pride.


Congratulations Noelle! The world is a whole new place now.


Oh, and the above picture is her first pair of shoes. She LOVES them. She handed them to me immediately to put on, and has done that every day since we got them. They are too big for her, but she doesn't seem to notice.

No comments:

Post a Comment